while reading The Diving Bell and the butterfly, I was getting so upset, I couldn’t imagine going from one extreme to another. Bauby went from and editor at Elle magazine which is huge, talking about fashion ideas for the upcoming seasons I’m sure going to lavish parties with celebrities at high end places to laying in a hospital bed only to be able to blink with one eye. If I was in that position and knew how I lived my life before and my only communication is from and eye blink I don’t think I would be able to handle. What strikes me is how amazing this is, I mean for god sakes the man wrote a book from blinking, are you kidding me. I bow down to him because he didn’t give up on life, he was still in this world and he was going to do incredible things. Someone had recommended this movie to me its called The Sessions, if you haven’t seen it yet it’s a must! It’s actually based on a true story which makes it that much better. Without giving anything away it’s basically about this man who is approaching forty and he’s had polio since the age of six. He is paralyzed from the neck down and can only be out of his iron lung for 3-4 hours and basically he wants to have sex so he gets in touch with this sex therapist that has sex with disabled people (yes this is a real profession) and ill leave off there so you can find out the rest.
- Blog 18: How does the author use narration to represent the distinctive point of view of a character with Asberger Syndrome (Haddon) or schizophrenia (Wray)?
- Blog 16- Epileptic
- Blog 28: Reflect on the semester as a whole–what we’ve done, what you’ve learned, what you still want to know, what you enjoyed most, what you enjoyed least, texts that stand out, suggestions for me next time I teach the course, etc.
- Blog 27: Draft of the introduction page for your web project.
- Blog 26: Reflect on the feedback you’ve received on your final project and your plans for adapting it for our website
- Blog 16- Epileptic on
- Blog 25: Reflect on the strengths and weaknesses seminar essay and your thoughts about adapting it for our web project. on
- Blog 28: Reflect on the semester as a whole–what we’ve done, what you’ve learned, what you still want to know, what you enjoyed most, what you enjoyed least, texts that stand out, suggestions for me next time I teach the course, etc. on