Blog 28: Reflect on the semester as a whole–what we’ve done, what you’ve learned, what you still want to know, what you enjoyed most, what you enjoyed least, texts that stand out, suggestions for me next time I teach the course, etc.

Well I can’t believe this semester is coming to an end, while I’m approaching summer and looking forward to a nice break and am going into it with a open mind and appreciation for our brains. We have learned so much information in this class its boggling. The novels, memoirs and articles we have read were interesting. Ones that I particularly enjoyed were The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, Mrs. Dalloway, and Epileptic. I feel that the best part of the class was our conversations to hear people opinions and debates opened my eyes to different things.

3 Responses to Blog 28: Reflect on the semester as a whole–what we’ve done, what you’ve learned, what you still want to know, what you enjoyed most, what you enjoyed least, texts that stand out, suggestions for me next time I teach the course, etc.

1. Debra says:

I agree with you. The discussions were great part of the class since it gave us the chance to confront the text and discuss various concepts and ideas. They also made you think about what was being said about the brain and cognitive science, which I liked. I also really enjoyed the Diving Bell and Butterfly and Epileptic.

2. schristian says:

I completely agree with you. The fact is I am going into the world of literature and the world itself with an open mind. What this class thought me that change is good and reading things that maybe are out of your element are good for you! The last part where you liked the conversations , I would have to agree with you on that. Yes I maybe didn’t talk as much and engage in all of them but it was interesting listening to everyone and taking a little bit of what everyone said and think about it with an open mind for sure

3. I couldn’t agree with you more. The gamut of knowledge covered in this course both in formal and informal ways is astounding. The literature we read taught us just as much as the class discussions. The learning wasn’t achieved through never ending lectures or textbook analysis, but it was a joint exploration between professor and students. While I can’t say I particularly enjoyed Mrs. Dalloway I can definitely say that the course opened my eyes to different things as well!